- As a part of the Pawleys Island Festival of Music and Art, Taylor Johnson will be performing tonight at All Saints Church! Here are the details:
- Date / Time:Tuesday, October 9, 2012 @ 7:00 pm
(Doors open @ 6:30 pm)
- Location:All Saints Church
- Ticket price:BUY TICKET $25 Ticket Info
- Orangeburg, South Carolina native Taylor Johnson has been involved in music her entire life. The lyric soprano obtained a Bachelor’s degree in vocal performance with a distinction in opera at Converse College in Spartanburg, South Carolina in May 2007. While studying, she performed in many of the college’s opera productions. She made her operatic debut performing Countess Almaviva in Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro in 2006 and Rosalinda in Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss in 2007. She also received many accolades during her four years at Converse, including the Mid-Atlantic Regional Competition of the National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) 1st place award, the Young Artist Concerto Competition, and 2nd place in the Emerging Young Artist Competition (formerly known as the Leontyne Price Competition) in Long Beach, California. She was a featured performer for many concerts, including the Marian Anderson Gala in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Magnificat in Eb by Bach, Orff’s Carmina Burana, Mozart’s C Minor Mass, and as soprano soloist in Elijah by Mendelssohn with the Converse College Orchestra.